Table of Contents
- 1 Understanding Strategic Management
- 2 Strategic management objectives
- 3 Strategic benefits of management
- 3.1 Strategic Management Process
- 3.2 How to Arrange Effective Business Strategies
- 3.3 Share this:
- 3.4 Like this:
Strategic management is a term that is closely related to management activities and the decision making process in an organization. This article briefly discusses several things about strategic management, including: Understanding, Objectives, Benefits, processes, preparation of strategic management in business, organizations and companies.
Understanding Strategic Management
What is strategic management? The strategic understanding of management is the process or series of decision-making activities that are fundamental and comprehensive in nature, accompanied by the determination of the manner of its implementation, which is made by the leadership of the organization and implemented by all staff in the organization to achieve its objectives.
Some experts define strategic management as the art or science of formulating, implementing, and evaluating various cross-functional decisions that enable an organization to achieve its goals.
Strategic management focuses on the process of setting the goals of an organization, making and developing policies and plans to achieve goals, as well as allocating resources to implement policies and plan the achievement of organizational goals.
Good strategic application and right on target is needed for any activity, especially in running a business. The right strategy and organized in an organized manner will make it easier for an organization to carry out its mission to achieve its vision.
Strategic management objectives
After knowing the strategic understanding of management, of course we must also know what the goals are. As the name suggests, in strategic management a manager is in charge of compiling a set of corporate strategies and is usually more associated with marketing.
The manager develops, organizes, implements and also evaluates several agreed-upon strategies with the purpose of achieving targets.
Here are 4 main objectives of strategic management in business:
Give Direction in Reaching the Goals
As already mentioned in the organizational management understanding above that the manager’s role is oversee all parties, in this case, the company’s resources for performing tasks that lead to company goals. A clear direction of activities must be the basis for controlling and evaluating success.
Safeguarding the Interests of Various Parties
Managers in developing strategies by meeting the needs of each party such as suppliers, employees, shares, banks and the broader community. These components play a role in the success or failure of policies made.
Anticipate Every Change Evenly
Strategic management allows management to anticipate change and prepare regulatory guidelines. The purpose is to broaden the perspective of thinking.
Relating to Effectiveness and Efficiency
The strategic manager is responsible not only for concentrating capabilities above interests in efficiency but also attention to resources and hard work.
In its implementation, the strategic objectives of the management are as follows:
- To implement and carry out strategic evaluations that have been selected effectively and efficiently.
- Purposes to evaluate performance, review, Make corrections and corrections if deviations are found in the use of the techniques. To create new strategies that are formulated to suit the development of the external environment.
- Purpose to review the strengths and weaknesses of the organization, see opportunities and threats in business.
- So that organizations can innovate on products or services so they can continue to be accepted by consumers.
Strategic benefits of management
As mentioned above, strategic management is needed for various activities to achieve goals well.
The following are some of the strategic benefits of management, both financial and non-financial:
- Strategic management can produce the best decisions for the organization.
- Strategic formulation activities will help improve the organization’s ability to face various challenges.
- Employee involvement in formulating strategies will make the brand understand and appreciate productivity, which in turn increases work motivation.
- The use of management strategies will make the organization more sensitive to external threats.
- Good management strategies will help prevent various problems that come from inside or outside.
- Implementation of management strategies will make an organization’s operational processes more effective and efficient.
- Strategic of management helps companies to adapt to changes.
- Implementation of management strategies will make the organization more profitable than organizations that have not implemented it.
Strategic Management Process
A beginner in the business world especially on a small scale, usually tends to ignore the basics of doing business. They tend to start a business without a plan, just setting goals without making a strategic.
In a company, especially in commercial business, of course, developing strategic management is needed. Through this process we can define an organization’s strategy to achieve the expected performance and goals.
The following are several stages in the process of developing a management strategy:
This initial step in the management strategic process in which there are several activities, such as;
- Determine the vision; what goals the organization wants to achieve in the long run.
- Determine the mission; what actions will be taken to achieve long-term goals. It states the role of organizations in society.
- Define business; explain the business position in a group of consumers and business functions to consumers.
- business model; explain how the business will generate income..
- Targets to be achieved; serves as a benchmark to determine the performance of the organization / company.
Please Also Read:
At this stage the organization will develop a vision and mission, conduct a SWOT analysis, determine and set the organization’s long-term goals, and make a number of alternative strategies that are most suitable for implementation.
At this stage, the established strategies are then implemented such as designing an organizational structure, distributing resources, making policies, developing decision making processes, and managing human resources, marketing efforts, and others.
The environment continues to change over time so periodic evaluations are needed. The aim is to look at factors both internally and externally of the company.
There are three main activities in strategic evaluation, including:
- Reviewing various internal and external factors that form the basis of the strategic formulation that has been applied previously
- Measuring current performance
- Make improvements to previous performance deficiencies for future success
How to Arrange Effective Business Strategies
Once we understand, what is strategic management and strategic importance in running a business. However, we do not yet have a powerful moment in developing a good business strategy.
Then, how to arrange business strategies?
The following is how to effectively formulate business strategies that are often carried out by successful entrepreneurs:
Someone who thinks critically will be easier to find out the problems that exist today. By knowing a problem, someone will later try to find a way out.
In carrying out a good strategic, a person needs to think critically to be able to identify problems that occur within the scope of internal and external so that it will reduce the risk of failure in business.
In doing business, we are required to think creatively, especially in determining the types of products or goods to be produced. The excellence of a product or service and its needs in people’s lives will help attract their interest to use it.
Dare to take risks
Business is a hard world, full of twists and nothing goes smoothly. To start a business requires people who dare to take risks.
People who doubt will have difficulty even getting started. However, in its implementation, someone who is brave enough to take risks also needs to work hard so that the business that is run bears fruit.
Open and opportunistic thinking
Open thinking is very important in business, especially seeing your business in a different perspective to come up with new ideas.
People who think openly will be easier to banker and build on criticism from others. An opportunist will find it easier to find and exploit opportunities.
Create products that can be the hallmark of the business you have without needing to imitate others, because that is what distinguishes your product from other products in the eyes of consumers.
From the explanation above, it can be concluded that the management strategy in a business is closely related to how the company maximizes profits through efficient and effective performance.
Hopefully this article is useful and adds to our shared insights.
Please Also Read: